This is the call for submissions for the March 2019 Carnival of Aces. You can find out more about the Carnival of Aces in The Asexual Agenda’s masterpost here.
The topic I have chosen is “symbols of identity.” This includes things like the black ring, the ace flag/colors and other ace-spectrum flags, and cake, as well as any other symbols that you feel are relevant. Listed below are a few ideas to inspire you, but feel free to write (or create other media) about these symbols in any way that you wish.
- Your personal feelings about any of these symbols
- Which, if any, of the symbols you incorporate into your life and how
- The function of symbols within the ace community
- How symbols of asexuality are perceived from outside the ace community
- Symbols you wish we had
- Other symbols of identity (e.g. the rainbow pride flag) in relation to asexuality
To make your submission, provide a link in the comments below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will check for submissions each weekend at a minimum, so if I haven’t responded to your submission by the end of the weekend after you submit, please resubmit!
I’m looking forward to reading all of your submissions. Thank you!